Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Basement update - Tile is all done, and it looks *so good*

The tile was installed last week, y'all! I don't know why, but getting to this stage in the project makes me feel like I can start planning on when we'll be able to move back in, now. Like, getting the office all back into place, and moving the computer back down there, and I wanna clean the floors, and not have any more construction people in our house for a while...

Ah, daring to dream!

I'd expect the finishes will take another couple of weeks, really. But we should be at the point of being able to move furniture back in and stuff pretty soon. We'll see. ::sigh::

So here are the latest pictures as of this week. Tile is in! Now we're painting the wainscot finish and will hopefully have that installed on Friday. The bookcase is being installed today, along with all the cabinet hardware. I can't wait to see that all put in! And my bookcase? SO EXCITED. I'll post those pics tomorrow, probably.
Here's our fireplace, looking more and more finished by the day...
We used the same tile around the fireplace that we used in our master bath shower floor. We had an extra box of it, so we wanted to put it to use. It looks awesome. Everyone is very impressed with how it turned out.
The countertop for the extra seating area went in yesterday. We still need to stain and polyurethane it up, and get some real support brackets instead of the wood ones, but it's cool to see it in place. 
Here's the view of the TV area from the bar seating thing.
The bar is all tiled up, and the upper shelving was hung yesterday. The sink was installed, and the faucet was installed, and the dishwasher was installed...basically, it's almost ready for me to move all my shit in there, finally. WOO!
I'm really happy with how things are turning out. This basement is going to be show-house worthy, me thinks! SO PRETTY!!! (If I do say so myself...;))

No comments: