Wednesday, July 09, 2014

A Regular Ol' Blog Post

It's been a bit since I posted, I know. I've been wanting to write a few things, and I plan on putting them up over the next couple of weeks, but I haven't quite gotten around to it thanks to traveling, appointments when I'm home, traveling some more, and then there was that whole basement remodel thing...

All of that is done for a bit. The remodel is finished. I haven't put up final pics yet because, while we've officially "moved" back in down there, we haven't officially decorated. So art is all over the place, and the furniture isn't in it's final resting place, in some cases. And then there's the shuffleboard table, which was delivered, but then taken away because it was BROKEN, and now we're waiting for the new one to come in, so the space it's supposed to be in looks very empty and sad without it.

But in good time, I will get those photos up, I promise! We are very, very, VERY happy with it. I had my first official workout in my updated workout room today, in fact, and it was wonderful. The storm that moved through earlier this week was barely audible from the new TV area. Last week, when we had friends over for the 4th of July, we were all able to head down there after we'd had enough of the outdoors, and play pinball, darts, and watch a little Eddie Izzard to finish off the night.

I have yet to get our office set back up, though. So that's still in the works. And we need to figure out some temp shelving to put up in the workout room that we can use until we can allow ourselves to get a real cabinet system installed in there somehow or another. That's less fun than needing to hang art up in the main living space, not gonna lie!

All of our traveling is slowing down a bit, too. We'll be at home a majority of the time for the next 2 months, for a change. Yay! We really love traveling and visiting and all that good stuff, but it's funny how being away can really mess with a daily routine!

So, back to the basics, friends. I hope everyone is having a great summer so far! I'll put up a new post again soon...


No comments: